two weeks to six weeks to two weeks

There is a backlog for building plan review, the reviewer told us at least six weeks. Then, yesterday, Jean checked the status of the plans online. The grading plans were already on their final step! (a two week process)
Jean, though she knew the building plans were some time away from being reviewed, decided to check anyway. They were REJECTED! With nothing in the comments section. Fuming, she called the reviewer.
His answer; the only reason was because he didn’t have an approved grading plan. But we were granted concurrent processing! Ah. Then all we have to do is bring the approved grading plans before him (ask for him at the front desk and wait 15-20 minutes for him to look them over) and he’d stamp them.
So our six week wait went down to two. Awesome.
Today, she gets word that they have been reviewed completely! Now all we need is the letter of indemnification from Land Use Lawyer Lady (of which she sent a draft to the county clerk’s office for legalese review) and the new plat with the environmental easements from our Civil Engineer. With those in hand, Jean can confidently stride into the County offices and get our building permits!!
Wow. It doesn’t stop. Our dome is (tentatively) slated to be delivered in the afternoon on Sunday September 14th, with (a now feasible) raising date of 4 October.
Marsha’s friend, Bill, is apparently a contractor (sub/general) as well, and would love to contract himself out to do a few of the jobs for our house!
AND Kip & Kate’s second son, Zeke, was born today at 11:57am EST. Crazy.

We Submit

No, not to the County. Ok, so we actually did submit to the County, but we submitted our plans, not our wills.
Yes, Jean spent the entire day yesterday talking with our civil engineer, Oregon Dome, and the minions at the County. (Think the Ministry of Information in Brazil)
From one desk to another, “I need to submit our building and grading plans”, and turned away to yet another line just to be given a number to wait some more. She finally got through it all, though, and now our plans are in the system.
We also got some good information on shingles and hardi-panel from the Roofing Center in Manassas. And we’re looking at a tentative delivery date of September 4th for the dome pieces. Then possibly October 4th for the raising.
OH! Most crazy of all- rumor has it that ANOTHER dome is being constructed in Fairfax County. A big one. We don’t know who is doing it or where, but we’ll see if we can find out more. How exciting!